Double R Cattle Services, Inc.
Hillsborough, NC 919.949.8157
We want to make sure you have a great visit to our farm. Please keep a few things in mind as you prepare to come and during your visit:
1. There is no shade in the strawberry patch. That's how we get great berries. Think about picking early and late in the day. You will keep cooler and your berries will keep better.
2. If you plan to pick a lot of Double R Cattle Services, Inc. U-pick strawberries, bring a drink to keep hydrated.
3. Remember to dress appropriately. Hats and sunscreen are always in fashion!
4. Pick only the RED berries. The orange ones or the red ones with green tips are not quite ripe yet. Once picked, the berries will get redder, but not any sweeter.
5. Strawberry picking is a great family project. Please remember to keep children with you while you pick. There are many cars coming and going. Some people don't think to watch for small children.
6. If you are bringing the family, bring the camera too. Capture those great family moments on film.
7. While you are welcome to bring your human family members, please leave your pets at home. Our own critters and our other guests may not be as pet-friendly as we are.
8. Even though we plan to open at 8 a.m. Monday through Saturday, we may close early if the field is picked out for the day. Don't forget to call ahead if you plan to come late in the day.
9. We accept Cash and Good Checks.
10. Have Fun!